Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Are you a Climate Hawk?

~Red Tail Hawk~Image by ~Sage~ via FlickrIntroducing ‘climate hawks’
On Monday I asked, "What should we call people who care about climate change and clean energy?" A fantastic discussion ensued, up to 226 comments and counting -- thanks to everybody who weighed in, not only on the site, but on Facebook, Twitter, email, and "words spoken in my physical presence" (kids, ask your parents!).
As the logorrheic post below will attest, I've read all your feedback and given the matter quite a bit of thought. At long last I've settled on something I'm happy with, though of course I'm just Some Blogger and who cares what I think.
The fearsome climate hawk will crush the climate crisis in its mighty talons!
Without further ado, the winner is ... [drumroll] ...
Climate hawks.
As someone who always viewed themselves as a "dove" this is a little hard. We'll see if it takes hold.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: