Monday, May 11, 2009

If you have a lawn...


Okay, I have an electric chain saw, electric grass trimmer and electric hedge trimmer. Is a Neuton for me?
The Neuton CE 6 Mower gives you the powerful performance of a gas mower with convenience of battery technology. There is no gas or oil to spill and no engine emissions to pollute the air.


This is the most powerful mower with a removable, rechargeable battery you can buy. With 360 watt-hours of battery energy, it has plenty of power to mow through even tall, wet grass.


The Neuton CE 6 mower is ideal for lawns up to 1/3 acre (about 15,000 sq. ft.) on a single charge. If you need more time, just drop in an optional spare battery and keep mowing!
Hmmmm... two batteries and I can cut the lawn without the noise, without the gas...Sounds great to me.


Mother Earth News reviewed the Neuton, Black & Decker and Remington models.

There are differences among the four cordless mowers I tested, but every one of these mowers is a perfectly adequate replacement for a gasoline-powered push mower.
As for the Neuton...
When I first started my test, this was my favorite mower. It’s a good compromise between cutting width and weight, plus it’s fairly easy to maneuver. The battery is easy to put in and take out. This mower has a nice feature all the others lack — a gauge that tells you how much juice you have left in the battery. Also handy: The tools you need to remove the blade for sharpening or replacement are supplied with the mower and stow on the machine. One of the wrenches doubles as a scraper to remove built-up grass clippings from the deck underside. This mower works well in bagging mode and is my choice for chopping and gathering autumn leaves.

No comments: