Friday, July 9, 2010

Around the Garden

Walking around the garden and taking some photos for my records I decided to share a few.

This is about half way down my garden - kohlrabi in the right foreground and beans to the left.  In the background are more beans, lettuce, winter squash, garlic, carrots and tomatilloes.











The other half of the garden has more carrots, beets, peppers (red and jalapeno) tomatoes (cherry, heirloom and roma), cukes and of course summer squash.  For the second year we are growing Magda or Cousa squash.  We find these have much more flavor than zukes.







 And then my potato patch.  Sure you see a few red potatoes growing here, but I see hash browns!



In the rest of the yard are the blueberry,  red & golden raspberries and highbush cranberries.  And then we have the grape vines.  Young leaves picked for stuffing.  Grapes making a small batch of jam.  In the future - some wine?

No comments: