Sunday, July 25, 2010

Great Posters

After making the Dilly Beans and Refrigerator Pickles I think I have to buy the above poster from Victory Garden of Tomorrow.
VGoT is an art project posing as a propaganda campaign for new, American homefront values. The message style draws from American mid-century homefront propaganda, and the messages essentially draws from 21st century needs as found in the current environmental sustainability movement. The campaign is designed to access America’s history of ingenuity to overcome adversity, and apply those values to fighting modern problems.
The resulting artwork is a series of propaganda-style poster images, that are either hand screenprinted, painted, or offset printed.
I'm Joe Wirtheim and I've been making these images since 2005. I now live and work in Portland, Oregon.

No comments: